NIOS II hardware training
How you can design a embedded microntroller system using the QSYS system editor
VEC104E: NIOS II training, hardware development
Fpga programming courses series
This FPGA programming course will start from your knowledge of Qsys system design and teach you to embed a Nios® II 32-bit microprocessor soft core into your FPGA design.
This course focuses on the hardware aspects of using the processor with hands-on labs that get you up and running quickly.
Through lectures and exercises you will configure the processor component, learn how the software build flow is incorporated into the hardware flow, perform debug and bring up of a design, simulate your Nios II based design on ModelSim® Intel®, and create custom instructions to perform hardware acceleration of software functions.
At completion of the course, you will have the tools necessary to immediately start using the Nios II processor in your own designs or on a development kit and be productive right away.
Course duration: 2 days
At Course Completion you will be able to:
- Configure & compile a Nios II embedded processor design using Qsys & Quartus Prime software
- Create, compile, run, & debug embedded software projects for the Nios II processor using the Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse (SBTE)
- Verify your FPGA design functionality with the System Console
- Simulate your Nios II-based system in ModelSim
- Use Qsys to incorporate custom instructions into an embedded Nios II system
- Design with a Nios II Development Kit
Prerequisites: we recommend completing the following courses:
- VEC102: QUARTUS Prime Foundation
- VEC110: Introduction to QSYS System Integration
- Background in digital logic design
- Working knowledge of the Quartus® Orime design software
- Working knowledge of the Qsys system integration tool
- Some (minimal) knowledge of programming in C for embedded systems