Parallel Computing using OPENCL
Introduction how to write parallel C on a SIMD fitted on FPGA
VEC311E: Parallel Computing using OpenCL on Intel® Fpga
Fpga training series
OpenCL is a standard for writing parallel programs for heterogeneous systems. In the FPGA environment, OpenCL constructs are synthesized into custom logic. This course introduces the basic concepts of parallel computing.
It covers the constructs of the OpenCL standard and the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL flow that automatically converts kernel C code into hardware that interacts with the host. In hands-on labs, you’ll write programs to run on both the CPU & FPGA.
Course duration: 2 days
At Course Completion you will be able to:
- Describe high-level parallel computing concepts and challenges
- Understand the advantages of using the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL
- Know the basics of the OpenCL standard
- Write simple programs in OpenCL
- Compile and run OpenCL programs using the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenC solution
- Basic understanding of the C programming language