Quartus Prime Foundation
The class explains basically design flow on Intel (Altera) Quartus Prime tool
VEC102E: Quartus Prime Foundation
Fpga programming courses series
In this FPGA training you will learn how to use the Quartus® Prime software to develop an FPGA design from initial design to device programming. You will create a new project, input new or existing design files, and compile your project.
You’ll learn how to search for compilation information, use settings and assignments to adjust the results of compilation, and manage I/O-related assignments using the Pin Planner and the BluePrint Platform Designer.
You will also learn about device programming files and how to program an Intel® FPGA device on your board. You will learn techniques to help you plan your design.
You will employ Quartus Prime features that can help you achieve design goals faster. You will also learn how to plan and manage I/O assignments for your target device.
Course duration: 2 days
At Course Completion you will be able to:
- Make pre-project decisions to prepare for Quartus Prime design
- Create, manage, and compile Quartus Prime projects
- Use Quartus Prime tools to view the results of compilation
- Review compilation results in various Quartus Prime software reports and graphical viewers
- Plan and manage device I/O assignments using Pin Planner and the BluePrint Platform Designer
- Understand device programming files and their use with the Quartus Prime Programmer
- Background in digital logic design
- Ability to describe a hardware system using VHDL, Verilog or EDA schematic tool
- Experience with PCs and the Windows operating system