Digital Modules for Boundary Scan I/O Access
BSCAN multi standard parallel I/O module
RS232, RS485, RS422, LVDS I/O levels
- 16 RS485/RS422 I/O channels for interface logic drive and sense
- 8 LVDS I/O channels for interface logic drive and sense
- 8 RS232 Input channels for interface logic sense
- 8 RS232 Output channels for interface logic drive
- High reliability DIN41612 I/O connector
- Reliable screw lock brackets
- Mechanical dimensions 122mm X 70mm
- 96 bit Boundary-scan Register Length
- Each segment can be independently bypassed
- Medium-speed 10MHz TCK for high reliability at the best cost/performance ratio
- Each RS485/RS422 or LVDS I/O pin is independently programmable for sense, drive, bi-directional, and tri-state operation
- Fully-compatible JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 Test Access Port (TAP)
- Operating power 3.3V, 5.0V
- Optional LVDS TCK interface can be used in large fixtures to avoid noise and skew problems.
- Full self test capability using internal loopback.
The BSPIO-STDIF1688 provides bi-directional parallel-scan access to up to 40 electrical nodes with various distinct interfaces for the driving and sensing of logic values. This module increases the effectiveness of boundary-scan testing, enabling verification of all board connectors and within logic clusters. The BSPIO-STDIF1688 is available in two basic versions, both of them compatible with standard DIN41612 female connectors in a test fixture. One version, the BSPIO-STDIF1688-A1, is primarily intended for test fixtures with few BSPIOs, and contains a standard TTL interface on the TAP’s TCK signal. This module facilitates boundary-scan interconnection testing using direct connection to the JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 Test Access Port (TAP).
The other version, the BSPIO-STDIF1688-A2, is intended for test fixtures with many BSPIOs and contains a balanced LVDS interface on the TAP’s TCK signal. This module facilitates boundary-scan interconnection testing using a small interface connection to a JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 TAP. Other low-end versions (ex: 16 channel RS422/R485) are derived from these two basic models. All BSPIO I/O interfaces (RS485/RS422, LVDS) have an internal loopback for self test capability, while input only and output only interfaces (RS232) are cross connected via a weak resistor to ensure the self test capability.
- 041005A2: BSPIO-STDIF1688, 16xRS422/R485 I/O, 8xLVDS I/O, 8xRS232 In, 8XRS232 Out