PCIe Standard PC CARD
PC PCIE format fpga target card with 53I/O, interrupt and DMA
PCIe Intel FPGA card, PC format
Simple Intel (Altera) Fpga Pcie Card
GEB PCIe Fpga card is the flexible solution to interface many equipments to a PC. The make it easy, a two pieces solution has been applied, splitting the interface on two boards.
- The first one will achieve logic function, it will be made by PCIE FPGA card that, appropriately programmed, will host the protocols of interface, standard or custom, serial or parallel, RZ, NRZ, Manchester, HDLC…. everything you would like to have
- The second one will be daughter board, a simple electrical interface board. It will host the glue logic needed to meet the interfaced system specification, RS232, RS422, RS485, LVDS, +28V discrete, opto coupled, and so on
The PCIe Fpga card will host the daughter board on an Intel (Altera) Santa Cruz slot (it’s 3x header connectors with 2.54mm pitch), consequently the possible scenarios will be
- You can build a single slot sandwich with doughter board, placing its connectors on a PC bracket fitted in an empty slot. The signals would be brought to the connectors by a flat cable, how typically occur on many PC card.
- But also you can build a double slot sandwich, placing the I/O connectors directly on the daughter board (see the photo on the right).
- Finally, you could put an Intel (Altera) Santa Cruz daughter board; it can be hosted on PCIe Fpga board to build a fast prototype.
- PCI Express (PCIe) standard size
- Up to 53 user I/O digital channels, 3.3V LVTTL standard, each one with independent sense, drive, bi-directional, and tri-state capabilities.
- Up to 2 user output clocks signals (1 with dedicated PLL), 3.3V LVTTL standard.
- One user input clocks signal, 3.3V LVTTL standard, with dedicated PLL
- Single 3.3 V power supply voltage.
- Wake up support
- User available FPGA resources:
- EP4CGX15BF14C7N: 14400LE, 540Kbits RAM, 3xPLL
- EP4CGX30BF14C6N: 29440LE, 1080Kbits RAM, 4xPLLs, 80xMult.18X18
- Boot device
- 1 Power supply monitor and reset circuities.
- One Test Access Ports (TAPs).
- On board crystal oscillator
- Fully-compatible to JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 boundary-scan standard an Intel® USB blaster connector on front panel
- Optional 2MBytes SRAM module
- 1XSamtech FTS-113-01-F-DV 1,27mm pitch on top sided
- 1XSamtech FTS-117-01-F-DV 1,27mm pitch on top sided
- Intel® (Altera) Santa Cruz connettors set (J11-J12-J13) interface, 3.3 V input tolerant and 3.3V output capable.
- Low density (100mills) 20pins J14 connector on front panel with 16 I/O, clocks, and wake up signals.