PCIe Cable DOWNSTREAM
PCIe Cabled DownStream board, up to 230Mbytes/sec. Fpga System and DMA Driver
Cyclone4GX PCIe DownStream
This product allows to extending the host PCI Express bus through a high-speed cable. Using a PCIe compliant cable, the PCI Express bus can be extended up to seven meters from the host CPU.
PCI Express on cable is the first architecture supporting high-end embedded applications, it is a PCI and PCIe compatible expansion and extension cable. PCI Express officially abbreviated as PCIe, is a computer expansion standard card designed to replace the older PCI, PCI-X, and AGP standards. PCI Express standard has been developed by PCI-SIG group.
Transmitting the host bus over copper cables opens a new world in the embedded design area. The PCIe cabling solution allows a system configuration having a high-end computing core in a cooled area that is hosting an embedded and remote I/O subsystems, with different thermal environment. The host and I/O system may have different form factors, specifically suited for the environmental or performance requirements of each sub-system. For example, a high-end, dual Intel Xeon class host system provides the user with the computing power for an and a high-speed data link to a high-end embedded I/O subsystem based on MicroTCA, PC/104, 3U CompactPCI Express, or proprietary form factor.
- Downstream PCI Express on Cable Interface
- Up to 230Mbytes/sec transfer rate in burst (DMA) full duplex read and write access
- Up to 10 Mbytes/sec transfer rate in single random read/write access
- Up to 150Mbytes/sec transfer rate in burst (DMA) half duplex read or write access
- 53 LVTTL 3V3 digital I/O user channels, each one with independent sense, drive, bi-directional, and tri-state capabilities
- 2 User LVTTL output clocks (1 output with dedicated PLL)
- 1 User LVTTL input clocks with dedicated PLL
- Single 3V3 Power Supply
- High density connector , 1x Samtech QSH-030-01-L-DA-RT1 on bottom side
- Medium density connectors , 2x Samtech FTS-1XX-02-F-DV on top side
- Peripheral to host wake up support
- Remote host to peripheral power on support
- Hot insertion support
- User resources available on FPGA:
- EP4CGX15BF14C7N: 14400LE, 540Kbits RAM, 3xPLL
- EP4CGX30BF14C6N: 29440LE, 1080Kbits RAM, 4xPLLs, 80xMult.18X18
- Boot device
- Power on monitor and reset circuitry
- One test access port (TAP) to control the I/O channels
- On board crystal oscillator
- Boundary-scan, JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 standard compatible
- Board size: 50×67 mm.
- Optional 2MBytes add-on module